This article may contain links from our partners.
Wondering to yourself, “what is Pinterest marketing?”
Start to understand Pinterest marketing and you can begin driving traffic and making money with Pinterest.
Social media has given rise to a new form of marketing-marketing on Pinterest. It’s not just for saving recipes anymore! With over 100 million monthly active users, Pinterest is a great way to add some pins that will attract customers to your business.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a social media platform that allows users to discover and save ideas for their various interests. Businesses can use Pinterest as a marketing tool by creating a business account and creating boards to showcase their products or services.
How does Pinterest marketing work?
To start a Pinterest marketing campaign, businesses can follow these steps:
- Set up a business account: To create a business account, you will need to verify your website and provide information about your business. This will allow you to access Pinterest analytics and promote your pins to a wider audience.
- Create boards: Boards are collections of pins that are organized around a specific theme. You can create boards for your products, services, or even for your brand’s mission or values.
- Pin high-quality images: Pinterest is a visual platform, so it’s important to use high-quality images that are eye-catching and relevant to your business. You should also use keywords in your pin titles and descriptions to make them more searchable.
- Promote your pins: You can promote your pins to a wider audience by using Pinterest’s paid promotion feature. This will allow you to target specific demographics and interests, and you can set a budget for your campaign.
- Engage with your audience: In addition to promoting your pins, you should also interact with your followers and other users on the platform. You can do this by commenting on their pins, repinning their content, and responding to comments on your own pins.
By following these steps, you can effectively use Pinterest as a marketing tool to reach a larger audience and drive traffic to your website.
Pinterest marketing tips to promote your business
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of the platform.
Choose a Board Name that’s Related to Your Business-
If you run an online shop, Pinterest can be a great way to promote your products.
However, it’s important for users to be able to tell what your board is about just by looking at the title. For example, if you sell handmade cards, use something like “The Best Handmade Cards on Pinterest” for your board title.
Use Rich Pins
Pinterest rich pins can be used to add extra information such as price, descriptions and reviews. Use them carefully, though! Make sure that you’re not using too many rich pin types and maintain a clean and consistent look so people can easily tell what they’re looking at.
A variety of rich pins will increase engagement and interactions with your content. It also makes your pin stand out from the rest.
If someone has to stop browsing through boards to find out if you have any prices or where you ship from, it becomes more of a hassle than an advantage.
There are 3 different types of rich pins. Pinterest has a list of all the available types here
Use Descriptive Titles for Your Pins
Pinterest tries to match your pins with other related content that might interest you and eventually lead you back to someone’s business or site, so it makes sense that writing descriptive titles for each board will increase engagement and reduce the chance of having low click rates.
It also helps people understand what they’re clicking on without even opening it! For example, if you sell handmade greeting cards, use words like “greeting card” in your title instead of just putting something vague like “card”.
Utilize Rich Pins to Allow Users to Make Purchases Directly on Pinterest
If you sell handmade cards, you can add a “buy it now” button directly onto your pin! This way, users don’t even have to leave Pinterest in order to buy something.
What’s more convenient than that? It allows for an extra opportunity for customers to be exposed to your product and purchase it quickly.
Link Your Instagram Account With Pinterest So They Work Together
Pinterest would really love it if you went ahead and linked your Instagram account their site so they can target your pins to your followers.
This is a free way to have Pinterest promote you and your business by using ads. Once the two accounts are linked, Pinterest will automatically save any new photos that you post on Instagram to their site for users to see when they’re browsing through related content.
With these few tips, you can use Pinterest with your business or products more effectively!
Don’t let it go underused! Just imagine all of the extra exposure you could get if every pin showed up in searches for whatever people were looking for on Pinterest! It’s quick and easy as long as you know what works best. Good Luck.
Who is Pinterest marketing for?
Pinterest marketing can be effective for a wide range of businesses and organizations, particularly those in the following industries:
- Retail: Pinterest is a popular platform for shopping, making it a great tool for retailers to showcase their products and drive traffic to their websites.
- E-commerce: Pinterest can be a valuable marketing tool for e-commerce businesses, as it allows them to showcase their products and link directly to their website for purchase.
- Fashion and beauty: Pinterest is a popular platform for fashion and beauty content, making it a great tool for these industries to showcase their products and share style inspiration with their audience.
- Home and interior design: Pinterest is a go-to platform for home and interior design inspiration, making it a great tool for businesses in these industries to showcase their products and share design ideas.
- Travel: Pinterest can be a valuable marketing tool for travel businesses, as it allows them to showcase their destinations and share travel inspiration with their audience.
Is Pinterest marketing effective?
Pinterest marketing can be an effective tool for businesses and organizations looking to reach a large, engaged audience and drive traffic to their website.
However, like any marketing strategy, the effectiveness of Pinterest marketing will depend on a number of factors, including the quality and relevance of the content, the target audience, and the overall goals of the campaign.
Here are a few reasons why Pinterest marketing can be effective:
- Large, engaged audience: Pinterest has over 400 million monthly active users, many of whom are actively looking for ideas and inspiration related to their interests. This makes it a great platform for businesses to showcase their products and services to a large, engaged audience.
- Visually appealing platform: Pinterest is a visually appealing platform, making it a great tool for businesses with visually appealing products or services. High-quality images and videos can help businesses stand out and capture the attention of users.
- Searchable content: Pinterest is a searchable platform, which means that users can discover content by searching for specific keywords or topics. By using relevant keywords in your pin titles and descriptions, you can make your content more discoverable to a relevant audience.
- Ability to link directly to website: Pinterest allows businesses to link directly to their website from their pins, making it a useful tool for driving traffic and generating leads.
Overall, Pinterest marketing can be a effective tool for businesses and organizations looking to reach a large, engaged audience and drive traffic to their website. However, it’s important to consider the specific goals of your campaign and the audience you are targeting to determine whether Pinterest is the right platform for your business.
Overall, Pinterest marketing can be effective for businesses and organizations in a variety of industries that have visually appealing products or services and want to reach a large, engaged audience.
A successful plan when using Pinterest for marketing is one where you’re maximizing your reach.