This article may contain links from our partners.
It can be easy to fall into a rut with your partner as you both pursue your careers. And with much of the country and much of the world on lockdown and encouraging people stay at home due to the pandemic, we have to be more creative about creating romance at home with your partner and that’s why we came up with these stay at home date ideas.
There are many little ways you can have a great time at home. Try one of these stay at home date ideas for some fun and romance with the one you love!
What is a stay at home date?
It’s just what it sounds like. It’s date night but at home. It’s not boring, believe it or not. There are many ways you can transform your night to have a fun-filled date night and an evening of enjoyment with your date.
We’re mostly staying home and as a busy professional, it can be difficult to find the time and energy for date nights. But just as you want your partner to make an effort for you, it’s important that you do the same! Here are some ideas for stay at home date night:
- Wine and dine in
- Board game night
- Movie night
- Book night
- Evening walk
- Drive out
- Exploring around the neighborhood
- Chores night
1. Wine and dine
A night in with wine and takeout is the perfect way to enjoy each other’s company without feeling a need to get dressed up or leave the house.
- Enjoy wine, get dressed up or not and enjoy a night in enjoying your partners company
- Watch a movie
- Listen to Clubhouse together
2. Cooking date night
As long as you make it fun, cooking together can be a great way to bond with your partner while also strengthening your relationship.
- Plan a menu together and cook a nice meal together or,
- Bake dessert together
3. Board games night
Playing board games is always a nostalgic and fun activity for couples and friends alike.
- Play board games together
- Try card games or,
- Pull out your phone and download the same game app and play against eachother
4. Movie night
Cuddling together on the couch while you watch your favorite movie is cute and romantic!
- Hit up Netflix, pick a movie, enjoy and cuddle
5. Book date night
Tucking into a great book with your partner is another fun way to spend time at home without heading out or turning on the TV.
- Pick a great book to read together
- Go to the bookstore to buy the books together
- Read a few chapters together in silence but in ones company then chat about it
If you’re going to do something more active than cuddle, go for a walk in the park.
- Walk in the neighborhood around the block
- Turn it into exercise and go walking or jogging together for fitness
- Walk to your local icecream shop, get a cone and walk back together
7. Night drive out
Part of what makes date night so great is that it doesn’t feel like an obligation; if you don’t want to stress about planning anything, just head out for a drive together as long as you have transportation
- Take a nice long drive into downtown and look at the city lights
- Drive to your favorite local spots and people walk or look at the scenery
8. Neighborhood exploration date
Sometimes all couples need is a change of scenery and an escape from everyday life. Try exploring somewhere new (even if it’s just around the corner).
- Explore your neighborhood, walk to your favorite restaurant, get takeout and walk back home to enjoy dinner at home
- Walk to the park or pool
9. Chores date night
Cooking together isn’t the only domestic activity you can enjoy – why not try washing dishes, folding laundry, and putting it away as a date? If you want romance and love in your life, start by creating these experiences with your partner right at home!
- Get work done around the house like washing dishes, laundry, reorganizing or redecorating the house
- Make it fun with music playing and drinking wine or beer while you work