This article may contain links from our partners.
If you own a cargo van and are looking for ways to make money, you have come to the right place. There are several ways to monetize your vehicle and turn it into a source of income. A lot of these ideas work for making money with your pickup truck as well.
From delivery and hauling services to mobile businesses and advertising, the possibilities are endless.
In this article, we will explore some of the most popular ways to make money with a cargo van and provide tips on how to get started. So, whether you’re looking for a full-time gig or a side hustle, read on to discover the many ways to make money with a cargo van.
7+ Ways to Make Money with a Cargo Van
There are several ways to make money with a cargo van, some of which include:
You can start a delivery service where you transport goods and packages from one location to another. You can work for a courier company or operate as an independent contractor.
If you have a larger cargo van, you can offer moving services to help people move their belongings from one home to another. This can be a lucrative business if you live in a busy area.
Start a moving service. You will load and move your clients belongings from their location to their new destination. Charging $20 to $100 per person per hour is not unreasonable in many areas. Working weekends only could supply a nice part-time or full-time income for yourself.
You can offer hauling services for people who need to move large items like furniture, appliances, and equipment.
Hauling is a really lucrative business. When our tree in our front lawn was becoming overgrown, we were looking at trimming the tree ourselves and just having the big branches hauled away. The quotes we got for the service were super shocking. I was surprised how expensive it was.
The same thing happened when my extra refrigerator broke down and we needed it to be hauled away. The cost started at $150 to take away our broken fridge. We were basically giving it away so the company could use it for whatever use they had, fix it, sell it, sell it for parts, etc. And, we still had to pay for the haul away service.
There are many more hauling service ideas available:
- Exercise equipment
You can start a mobile business that sells products or services. For example, you can start a mobile pet grooming business, mobile detailing service, or mobile food truck.
How do you start a mobile business with a cargo van?
Starting a mobile business with a cargo van can be a great way to turn your vehicle into a profitable business. Here’s how you can get started:
- Determine your business idea: First, determine what type of mobile business you want to start. This could be anything from a food truck or a mobile pet grooming service to a mobile boutique or a mobile car wash.
- Create a business plan: Develop a business plan that outlines your business idea, target market, financial projections, marketing plan, and any other relevant information.
- Obtain necessary permits and licenses: Depending on the type of mobile business you want to start, you may need to obtain various permits and licenses from your local government.
- Buy and customize your cargo van: Purchase a cargo van that’s suitable for your business idea and customize it to fit your needs. This may involve installing equipment, adding branding, or outfitting it for your specific business.
- Market your business: Start marketing your mobile business to your target audience through social media, flyers, or other advertising methods.
- Launch your business: Once you’ve completed the above steps, launch your mobile business and start serving customers. Be sure to provide excellent customer service and build a positive reputation to attract repeat business.
Starting a mobile business with a cargo van requires some upfront investment and planning, but it can be a rewarding and profitable venture. With the right business idea, equipment, and marketing strategy, you can turn your cargo van into a mobile business that serves your community and meets your financial goals.
You can offer courier services to transport important documents or other valuable items that require special care and handling.
Another way to make money with a cargo van is by offering courier services. This involves transporting goods and packages from one location to another for clients. Here’s how you can get started:
- Determine your niche: First, determine what type of courier service you want to offer. This could be anything from small package delivery to large-item delivery, medical courier services, or same-day delivery.
- Establish your business: You’ll need to register your business and obtain any necessary licenses and insurance.
- Get the right equipment: Invest in the right equipment for your cargo van, such as shelves or a temperature-controlled compartment if you’ll be transporting temperature-sensitive items.
- Build your client base: Start by marketing your services to potential clients, such as local businesses and individuals in need of courier services.
- Set your rates: Determine your pricing structure based on factors such as distance, delivery speed, and the size and weight of the package.
- Deliver packages: Once you have clients, start delivering packages. You’ll need to be prompt, professional, and reliable to build a positive reputation and attract repeat business.
- Get paid: Collect payment from your clients, either on a per-delivery basis or via a weekly or monthly invoice.
Offering a courier service with your cargo van can be a great way to earn money, especially if you’re in a busy area with a high demand for package delivery services. With hard work and dedication, you can build a successful courier business and turn your cargo van into a source of income.
You can offer junk removal services, which involves picking up and disposing of unwanted items for people.
As a junk removal service provider, you can remove a variety of unwanted items for customers. Some examples of junk that you may encounter and can remove include:
- Old furniture such as couches, sofas, and mattresses
- Appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines, and dryers
- Electronic devices such as televisions, computers, and printers
- Construction debris such as tiles, drywall, and scrap metal
- Yard waste such as tree branches, leaves, and grass clippings
- Household clutter such as old books, toys, and clothing
- Scrap metal, car parts, or other items that can be recycled
- Old exercise equipment such as treadmills, ellipticals, and weights
- Abandoned items such as old bicycles or tires
These are just a few examples of the types of junk that customers may need help removing. As a junk removal service provider, you should be prepared to handle a variety of items and offer safe and environmentally-friendly disposal methods.
Examples of junk removal companies you can look at for inspiration are 1-800-Got-Junk.
You can provide transportation services for events such as:
- Parties, and
- Corporate events like conferences
You can pick up and deliver individuals and groups of people to events like these. It’s an easy way to make some fast cash for a couple of hour of work.
You can make money with a cargo van using it as a mobile billboard by placing advertisements on it and driving it around busy areas. You can charge businesses for this service. Car billboards can make money, believe it or not.
These are just a few examples of how you can make money with a cargo van. The key is to identify a need in your community and offer a service that meets that need.