This article may contain links from our partners.
Searching for jobs that pay 6 figures?
The truth is that there are many well-paying positions including those that don’t call for a four-year degree.
In reality, more than 14 million well-paying positions in the U.S. exist despite not requiring a college degree, according to recent data.
These jobs, which include many in the skilled trades, include welding, construction, transportation and other jobs.
Without ever entering a college classroom, you can make a comfortable income with the correct talents and expertise.
Of course, not every high-paying position available to those without a college degree is the same. Others might call for specialized qualifications or licenses, while some may demand years of apprenticeship or on-the-job training.
However, the rewards can be significant for those prepared to put in the time and effort. We’ll look at some of the greatest six-figure professions you can get without a college degree in this post, along with the requirements to get them.
Jobs That Pay 6 Figures
You’re in luck if you’re seeking 6 figure jobs that pay. We are going to cover more than two dozen high-paying jobs that pay well in sectors like tech, IT, trades, and other industries.
Let’s get into it!
Tech & IT Jobs
The development of technology has made IT and computer jobs some of the highest-paying industries in the nation. High-paying tech jobs can offer great opportunities for those looking to enter the technology industry or advance their careers.
Many of these positions require you to be trained but, not always. Some of these may or may need a college degree or certifications.
- UX/UI Design (learn UX/UI design at Avocademy)
- Web Development
- Tech Sales (CourseCareers students average $60K to $80K)
- Database Admin
- Program Developer
- Information Security Analyst
Without a college degree, working in sales might be a terrific way to earn a high income. Sales jobs are desirable because they can be very high-paying, and can offer good job security and career advancement opportunities.
Many of these sales positions pay on a commission basis, so the more you sell, the more you make. It’s not uncommon to find sales jobs with uncapped income potential.
- Tech Sales
- Property Broker
- Agent for Insurance Sales
- Agent for Financial Services
- Commercial Sales Agent
Logistics and Transportation
Another fantastic sector for finding high-paying work without a college degree is transportation and logistics.
The Logistics and Transportation industry is responsible for the movement and delivery of goods and products from one location to another. This industry includes a wide range of activities, such as the transportation of:
- Raw materials
- Manufacturing and distribution of finished products
- Warehousing, and
- Delivery of products to retailers or end consumers
Logistics is about planning and controlling the flow of goods from the point of origin to the point of consumption. Transportation, on the other hand, involves the physical movement of goods from one location to another, using various modes of transportation, such as air, sea, road, and rail.
Examples of positions in transportation and logistics include:
- Air Traffic Control
- Manager of Transportation, Storage, and Distribution
A wonderful location to locate high-paying jobs without a college degree is the real estate sector. Real estate can encompass a ton of different jobs. Many are high-paying and many don’t require specialized experience, educational background, or requirements.
- Property Broker
- Building Manager
- property appraiser
- Real estate broker
The Arts and Creative
There are lots of high-paying employment available to creative people without a college degree. One of the finest methods to quickly earn money is through creative work. These positions are prevalent in the arts and entertainment sector.
Top-paying creative careers include the following:
- Clothing designer
- Graphic Artist
- Web Developer
Jobs in social media are ideal for creatives. Filmmaking and content creation are included in this. You can even pursue an endeavor like creating an anonymous TikTok account for money.
Six-figure trade occupations where you can make $100K+ exist, too. The skilled trades industry is a sector that includes a wide range of professions that require specialized skills and expertise. These professions generally involve manual work, such as construction, repair, installation, and maintenance, and require training, certification, and experience.
The skilled trades industry is critical to the economy, as it plays a vital role in construction, infrastructure, and manufacturing.
Skilled trades workers are in high demand, and the industry offers excellent career opportunities for those with the right skills and training. Jobs in the skilled trades often provide job security, competitive wages, and opportunities for career advancement.
Many of these positions don’t require a degree, only specific training or certification.
The following are some of the best-paying skilled trades jobs:
What skills do you need to work jobs that pay 6 figures?
To work in jobs that pay 6 figures, you generally need to have a combination of technical skills, soft skills, and experience. Here are some of the essential skills required:
- Technical Skills: Many high-paying jobs require specialized technical skills, such as programming, data analysis, engineering, or healthcare. It’s essential to have a deep understanding of the specific technical skills required for the job and to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills are crucial for most high-paying jobs. This includes the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, collaborate effectively with colleagues and clients, and persuade others to adopt new ideas or strategies.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Problem-solving skills are essential for many high-paying jobs, particularly those in finance, technology, or consulting. This includes the ability to analyze data, identify patterns, and develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Leadership Skills: Leadership skills are critical for those in management positions, as they involve guiding and motivating teams, setting goals, and making strategic decisions.
- Adaptability: Many high-paying jobs require adaptability and the ability to pivot quickly in response to changing circumstances or new challenges. This includes being open to new ideas, learning new skills, and adjusting to new technologies and work environments.
- Emotional Intelligence: Emotional intelligence involves the ability to understand and manage your own emotions, as well as those of others. This skill is essential for many high-paying jobs, particularly those in management or client-facing roles.
Overall, working in jobs that pay 6 figures requires a combination of technical skills, soft skills, and experience. It’s essential to develop and maintain these skills throughout your career to remain competitive and advance to higher-paying positions.
How to Find Jobs That Pay 6 Figures
Research high-paying industries: Start by researching industries that tend to offer high salaries, such as finance, healthcare, technology, or engineering. Look for job openings in these fields and read up on the qualifications and skills required for each position.
Network with industry professionals: Networking with professionals in your desired industry can help you learn about job opportunities and get a foot in the door. Attend industry events, connect with professionals on LinkedIn, and join relevant professional associations.
Enhance your skills: Developing specialized skills can increase your chances of landing a high-paying job. Look for training programs or certifications in your desired field to enhance your skills and qualifications.
Look for job openings: Check job boards, industry-specific job sites, and company websites for job openings in your desired field. Tailor your resume and cover letter to each job application, highlighting your skills and experience that are most relevant to the position.
Consider relocation: Some cities or regions offer more opportunities for high-paying jobs than others. Consider expanding your job search to other areas or cities that are known for offering high salaries in your desired industry.
Consider entrepreneurship: Starting your own business or becoming a freelancer, like a freelance writer, for example, can also lead to high earning potential.
Keep in mind that finding jobs that pay 6 figures often requires a combination of hard work, specialized skills, and networking.
Is 100K good money?
Is six figures worth it? I think so, definitely.
It’s essential to remain persistent, keep improving your skills, and stay informed about trends and opportunities in your desired industry.