This article may contain links from our partners.
Interested in finding jobs that pay $1000 an hour without a college degree? Are you tired of being stuck in a low-paying job with no room for growth? Are you looking for a career change that will not only pay well, but also provide a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction? Look no further!
Here are nine jobs that pay an impressive $1000 per hour (or more) – and you don’t even need a degree to get started.
Whether you’re an experienced professional looking for a new challenge or a recent graduate just starting out, these high-paying jobs may be just what you’re looking for.
Keep reading to learn more about these exciting career opportunities.
What are the best jobs that pay $1000 an Hour?
Some of the best jobs paying $1000 an hour do require a Bachelor’s degree or higher though, there are some exceptions, which we’ll cover in this article.
Some high-paying jobs in particular industries, like tech, for example, don’t require you to have a degree. Various tech sales job titles offer high-paying careers in the technical sales industry.
Also, if you run your own business, you have a chance to earn up to $1,000 an hour or more. This is another example of how to earn a lot without having a degree.
Now, with this said, here are 9 jobs that pay $1,000 an hour, no degree required.
9 Astonishing Jobs That Pay $1000 an Hour Without a Degree
It is rare to find a job that pays $1000 per hour without a degree. Jobs that pay high hourly rates are usually in fields that require specialized training, skills, and education, such as law, medicine, and finance.
However, there are a few high-paying jobs that may not require a degree, such as:
1. Freelance writer or editor
If you have strong writing and editing skills, you can offer your services as a freelance writer or editor. Hourly rates for freelance writers and editors vary widely, but experienced professionals can earn $50 or more per hour.
What are some examples of freelance writers?
You can make money freelance writing in a variety of different niches like:
- Content writing
- Content editing
You can also do proofreading. It’s also good to consider if you’ll write in an industry or be more of a generalist where you do all kinds of writing. I have experience doing both and I prefer writing for industries.
When I was a generalist, I’d write all kinds of content, most of which was not interesting to me. Anything from HVAC to getting paid to sext, careers for introverts, and more. It was really all over the place. When I honed in on an industry I enjoy writing for,
I got writing work for that industry only, which allowed me to refine my expertise in that field. I also made more money and I got to write a topic I enjoyed.
One of the best platforms to start monetizing your writing skills is Medium. Read how to start making money on Medium.
2. Personal trainer
If you are passionate about fitness and have knowledge of exercise and nutrition, you can become a personal trainer. Hourly rates for personal trainers can range from up to $30 to $100 or more, depending on your location and experience.
With personal training, there are many paths to take, just like with freelance writing. Here are some ideas:
- HIIT workouts
The best way to succeed in personal training is to choose a path you enjoy. For example, if you’re a die-hard yoga enthusiast, you should consider doing yoga personal training, which could be instructing a class or doing one-on-one personal sessions with clients.
To make the most money with personal training, consider targeting high-net-worth clientele or train in more expensive areas. Ultimately, the earning potential for a personal trainer is determined by their business acumen and ability to attract and retain clients.
3. Private tutor
If you have expertise in a particular subject or are proficient in a foreign language, you can offer private tutoring services. Hourly rates for private tutors can range from $20 to $100 or more, depending on your qualifications and location.
There are several ways to make money offering tutoring services, including:
- Setting hourly rates: Tutors can charge a set hourly rate for their services. This rate can vary depending on the tutor’s experience, qualifications, and location.
- Package deals: Tutors can offer package deals, where a set number of sessions are purchased at a discounted rate.
- Group sessions: Tutors can offer group sessions, which allows them to work with multiple students at the same time, increasing their earning potential.
- Online tutoring: Tutors can offer their services online, which can increase their reach and accessibility to students. This can also be done on a one-on-one or group session.
- Specializing in specific subject or test preparation: Tutors can offer specialized services such as test preparation for standardized tests like the SAT, GRE, GMAT and LSAT.
- Offering additional services: Tutors can offer additional services such as homework help, essay editing and college application review, which can increase their earning potential.
Tutoring can be done in group sessions, one-on-one or even in unconventional ways like answering questions on JustAnswer, where top experts earn up to $7,000/month.
Looking to places like Cambly are good for online tutoring opportunities.
4. Graphic designer
Graphic design is such an interesting field. It’s perfect for creatives and it’s a good path to take if you’re looking for introvert jobs. You can work alone, creating designs for your clients, complete the project then, move onto the next!
If you have design skills and experience, offering your services as a freelance graphic designer is a good way to make up to $1,000+ per hour. Experienced professionals can earn up to $50 or more per hour.
Here are some graphic designer ideas:
- Freelancing: Freelancing is a popular option for graphic designers as it allows them to work with a variety of clients and projects. Graphic designers can find freelance work on online platforms such as Upwork, Fiverr, and 99designs, or can reach out to potential clients directly.
- Full-time employment: Graphic designers can also work full-time for a company or agency, where they may have a regular salary and benefits.
- Starting a business: Graphic designers can start their own business, offering their design services to clients. This can include creating logos, websites, marketing materials, and packaging designs.
- Selling stock designs: Graphic designers can also sell stock designs, such as illustrations, icons, and templates, on online marketplaces such as Shutterstock and iStock.
- Teaching or mentoring: Graphic designers can also make money by teaching or mentoring other designers, either through online classes or in-person workshops.
- Creating and selling own products: Graphic designers can make money by creating and selling their own products such as T-shirts, mugs, phone cases, and other items with their designs.
Highest-earning graphic design jobs
The highest-earning graphic design jobs are in website design. Designers like Becca Luna earn up to $24,000+ per month (according to her TikTok videos) with ShowIt design templates. She did client work in the beginning of her career (she still might) but now, she has a template store that earns her money around the clock, making her passive income.
There are many ways to capitalize off your expertise and one of them is being a consultant. If you have expertise in a particular field, you can offer your services as a consultant. Hourly rates for consultants can range from $50 to $200 or more, depending on your expertise and the industry you are consulting in.
There are consultants for:
- Social media growth
- Email marketing
- Growth hacking
- Real estate flipping
- Website flipping
You can literally be a consultant for just about any topic under the sun. Choose a topic you are an expert in and help others by lending your expertise.
What do consultants do?
Consultants provide expert advice and guidance to organizations and individuals in order to help them improve their performance and achieve their goals. Consultants are typically hired by businesses or organizations to help them address specific challenges or opportunities.
The specific responsibilities of a consultant can vary depending on the field they specialize in, but generally include:
- Identifying problems or areas for improvement: Consultants assess the current situation of an organization or individual to identify areas where performance can be improved.
- Developing solutions: Consultants use their expertise and knowledge to develop solutions to the problems or challenges identified.
- Implementing changes: Consultants help organizations or individuals to implement the solutions and changes they have proposed.
- Monitoring progress: Consultants monitor the progress of the changes they have proposed, and make adjustments as needed.
- Providing training and education: Consultants may also provide training and education to the organization or individual, to ensure they have the knowledge and skills to continue to improve their performance.
Consultants typically work independently, but may also be part of a consulting firm. They can also specialize in a particular industry or field, such as business, finance, human resources, IT, marketing, or healthcare.
6. Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is an agent that can perform tasks or services for an individual online. It’s basically an online personal assistant.
The tasks that a virtual assistant can perform are varied and can include things like:
- Scheduling appointments
- Sending emails, and
- Answering questions
Virtual assistants are designed to be able to understand and interpret natural language input, so they can communicate with users in a way that feels more like a conversation than a set of instructions.
Some virtual assistants are also able to learn and adapt over time, which can allow them to become more efficient at performing tasks for their users.
Virtual assistants like Kayla Sloan earn up to $10,000+ per month through virtual assistance. You can outsource a lot of the task work you’re assigned and work less for more, earning up to $1,000+ per hour.
7. Affiliate Marketer
An affiliate marketer is someone who promotes products or services offered by other companies and earns a commission for each sale or lead that they generate.
Affiliate marketers use a variety of tactics to promote the products or services, such as writing product reviews, creating social media posts, and setting up a website with affiliate links.
When someone clicks on one of these links and makes a purchase, the affiliate marketer earns a commission.
Affiliate marketing can be a lucrative way to earn income, as long as the affiliate marketer is able to generate enough traffic and sales to make it worth their while.
The average salary for an affiliate marketing in the United States is $154,000/year, according to ZipRecruiter. This is one of the highest salaried jobs I’ve seen.
A blogger is someone who writes and publishes content on a blog, which is a type of website that typically features written content in the form of articles or posts.
Bloggers can write about a wide range of topics, including their personal experiences, opinions, and observations, as well as news and current events.
Some bloggers focus on a particular subject or theme, while others write about a variety of topics. Bloggers may also include images, videos, and other multimedia elements in their posts. Some bloggers write as a hobby, while others do it professionally and make money through advertising, sponsorships, and other forms.
Read about how to start a money-making blog to start your blogging journey.
9. Social Media Manager
A social media manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the social media marketing efforts of a business or organization. This can include:
- Creating and publishing content
- Analyzing and reporting on the results of social media campaigns, and
- Engaging with followers and customers on social media platforms
A social media manager may work with a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, and may be responsible for developing and maintaining a social media strategy that aligns with the overall marketing goals of the business.
Social media management is one of the best jobs that pay $1000 an hour! You could work 10 hours a month and earn $10,000/month. It’s possible and the sky’s the limit.
In addition to managing social media accounts, a social media manager may also be responsible for training employees on social media best practices and for staying up-to-date on the latest trends and updates in the social media landscape.
Can you really make $1,000 an hour?
Are jobs that pay $1000 an hour really in existence? The truth is, they are!
It is possible to make $1,000 an hour or more in some occupations, although it is important to note that these opportunities may be relatively rare and may require a high level of education, skill, experience, or expertise.
For example, doctors, lawyers, and other professionals who work on an hourly basis may be able to charge rates that are significantly higher than the average wage.
Similarly, high-level executives or consultants who have a lot of expertise in a particular field may be able to command hourly rates that are higher than $1,000.
Freelance workers or contractors who have in-demand skills may also be able to earn high hourly rates, especially if they are able to take on multiple projects or clients at the same time. However, it is worth noting that these types of high-paying opportunities are not always available and may require a lot of hard work and dedication to attain.
How much is $1,000 an hour in a day?
If you work for 8 hours a day, then $1,000 an hour would be equivalent to $8,000 per day.
However, it is important to note that this is a hypothetical scenario and may not be representative of the actual earning potential of all occupations that pay $1,000 an hour or more.
The actual amount of money that someone makes in a day will depend on the number of hours that they work, the rate that they are paid, and any other factors that may affect their income.
How much is $1,000 an hour in a week?
If you work for 8 hours a day, then $1,000 an hour would be equivalent to $8,000 per day and $56,000 per week (assuming a 5-day work week).
However, it is important to note that this is a hypothetical scenario and may not be representative of the actual earning potential of all occupations that pay $1,000 an hour or more. The actual amount of money that someone makes in a week will depend on the number of hours that they work, the rate that they are paid, and any other factors that may affect their income.
Final Thoughts on Jobs That Pay $1000 An Hour
This wraps up our article on 9 jobs that pay $1000 an hour. It is worth noting that these jobs may require some upfront investment in training or education, even if they do not require a degree.
Additionally, it is important to remember that the highest-paying jobs are not always the most fulfilling or satisfying, and it is important to consider your values and interests when choosing a career.