This article may contain links from our partners.
Looking for 6 figure jobs without a college degree? Are you tired of hearing that the only way to make a six-figure salary is by getting a college degree?
The truth is, there are plenty of high-paying jobs available that don’t require a four-year degree. In fact, according to recent research, there are over 14 million well-paying jobs in the US that don’t require a college degree.
Many of these jobs are in the skilled trades, such as:
- Plumbing, and
- Electrical work
Others are in fields like sales, transportation, and construction.
With the right skills and experience, you can earn a comfortable living without ever setting foot in a college classroom.
Of course, not all high-paying jobs without a college degree are created equal. Some require years of apprenticeship or on-the-job training, while others may require specialized certifications or licenses.
But for those willing to put in the time and effort, the rewards can be substantial. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best six-figure jobs you can get without a college degree, and what it takes to land them.
27 High-Paying 6 Figure Jobs without a College Degree
If you’re looking for high-paying jobs that don’t require a college degree, you’re in luck. While a college degree can certainly help you land a high-paying job, it’s not always necessary. In fact, there are many industries that offer six-figure salaries to workers without a degree.
Here are some of the top industries to consider:
IT and Tech Jobs
Tech is at the top of our list of 6 figure jobs without a degree. With the rise of technology, IT and tech jobs have become some of the highest-paying jobs in the country. Many of these jobs require specialized skills and certifications, but not necessarily a college degree.
Some of the top high-paying IT and tech jobs include:
- Tech Sales
- UX/UI Design – This is a day in the life of a UX/UI designer
- Software Developer
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
Sales jobs can be a great way to earn a high income without a college degree. Many of these jobs offer commission-based pay, which means the more you sell, the more you earn.
Some of the top high-paying sales jobs include:
- Tech Sales
- Real Estate Broker
- Insurance Sales Agent
- Financial Services Sales Agent
- Advertising Sales Agent
Transportation and Logistics Jobs
The transportation and logistics industry is another great place to find high-paying jobs without a college degree. Many of these jobs require specialized training or certification, but not a degree.
Some of the top high-paying transportation and logistics jobs include:
- Air Traffic Controller
- Commercial Pilot
- Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Manager
Real Estate Jobs
The real estate industry is another great place to find high-paying jobs without a college degree. Many of these jobs require specialized training or certification, but not a degree.
Some of the top high-paying real estate jobs include:
- Real Estate Broker
- Property Manager
- Real Estate Appraiser
- Real Estate Agent
If you’re creative, there are many high-paying jobs that don’t require a college degree. Creative jobs are one of the best ways to make money fast, too. Many of these jobs are in the arts and entertainment industry.
Some of the top high-paying creative jobs include:
- Fashion Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
Social media jobs are perfect for creatives. This involves making content through film and content creation. You can even pursue something like building a faceless TikTok channel for money without showing your face.
Skilled Trades Jobs
You can earn $100K+ with 6 figure trade jobs. Skilled trades jobs are another great place to find high-paying jobs without a college degree. Many of these jobs require specialized training or certification, but not a degree.
Some of the top high-paying skilled trades jobs include:
Blue-collar jobs like these and others like HVAC Technicians, Concrete Masons, and other positions can earn six figures, which is surprising for some people to learn.
Benefits of Pursuing a High-Paying Job without a College Degree
Choosing a high-paying job without a college degree can have many benefits for you. Here are some of the advantages:
- You can avoid student loan debt: Pursuing a college degree can come with a hefty price tag, and many students end up taking out loans to pay for their education. By choosing a high-paying job that does not require a college degree, you can avoid this debt and start earning money right away.
- You can save time: Pursuing a college degree can take several years, and even after graduation, it can take some time to find a job in your field. By choosing a high-paying job that does not require a college degree, you can start working and earning money immediately.
- You can gain valuable experience: Many high-paying jobs without a college degree offer on-the-job training and opportunities for advancement. By gaining experience in your field, you can build your skills and increase your earning potential.
- You can have a flexible schedule: Some high-paying jobs without a college degree offer flexible schedules, such as working from home or setting your own hours. This can give you more control over your work-life balance and allow you to pursue other interests outside of work.
Of course, there are some potential downsides to pursuing a high-paying job without a college degree.
For example, some jobs may require long hours or physical labor, and there may be limited opportunities for advancement in certain fields. However, for many people, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, and pursuing a high-paying job without a college degree can be a smart choice.
Skills Needed to Succeed in High-Paying Jobs without a College Degree
To succeed in high-paying jobs without a college degree, you need to possess certain skills that are essential for the job. These skills can be developed through training, experience, and practice.
2. Communication skills: Communication skills are important for jobs that require interaction with clients, customers, or colleagues. You need to be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. This includes listening, speaking, and writing skills.
3. Problem-solving skills: Problem-solving skills are important for jobs that require you to solve complex problems. You need to be able to analyze problems, identify solutions, and implement them effectively. This requires critical thinking, creativity, and analytical skills.
4. Time management skills: Time management skills are essential for jobs that require you to work independently and manage your own time. You need to be able to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, and work efficiently. This requires organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
5. Leadership skills: Leadership skills are important for jobs that require you to lead a team or manage a project. You need to be able to inspire and motivate others, delegate tasks, and make decisions. This requires interpersonal skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to take initiative.
In summary, to succeed in high-paying jobs without a college degree, you need to possess technical skills, communication skills, problem-solving skills, time management skills, and leadership skills.
How to Find High-Paying Jobs without a College Degree
If you’re looking for a high-paying job but don’t have a college degree, there are several steps you can take to find opportunities in your field of interest. Here are a few tips:
- Research job titles: Look for jobs in your field of interest that don’t require a college degree. Use job search engines like Indeed and Glassdoor to find job titles that match your skills and experience.
- Network: Reach out to people in your industry and ask for advice on how to break into the field. Attend industry events and join professional organizations to meet people who can help you find job opportunities.
- Consider apprenticeships and trade schools: Many high-paying jobs in fields like construction, plumbing, and electrical work require apprenticeships or trade school training. Look for programs in your area that can help you gain the skills you need to succeed.
- Highlight your skills: Even if you don’t have a college degree, you may have skills and experience that are valuable to employers. Make sure your resume and cover letter highlight your strengths and accomplishments.
Remember, finding a high-paying job without a college degree may take some time and effort. Be patient and persistent in your job search, and don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
Are six-figure jobs worth it?
The short answer is yes but, honestly, it can depend on where you’re located.
A six-figure salary in Kansas City, Missouri is not the same as a six-figure salary in San Francisco, California. You want to look at the big picture and consider the location, cost of living, if you’re single or have a family.
This can help you figure out if 100K a year is good money.
What are the best six-figure online jobs?
Some of these online jobs for beginners have six figure income potential. Jobs in entrepreneurship where you’re running your own business like blogging, website flipping, and other small businesses can make six figures.
Which of these 6 figure jobs without a college degree are you going for?
You have just learned about some of the many 6 figure jobs without a college degree that exist.
These jobs are available in a wide range of industries, from construction and transportation to healthcare and technology. By exploring these options, you can find a career that suits your interests and skills, without having to spend years in college.
Remember, landing a six-figure job without a degree requires hard work, dedication, and a willingness to learn. You may need to start at the bottom and work your way up, or you may need to acquire specialized skills through on-the-job training or online courses. But with the right attitude and work ethic, you can achieve your career goals.
As you consider your options, keep in mind that some of these jobs may require physical labor, irregular hours, or travel. It’s important to weigh the pros and cons of each job and determine if it’s a good fit for your lifestyle and personal goals.
Finally, don’t forget that education and training are important for any career. While a college degree may not be required for these six-figure jobs, it can still be beneficial for advancing your career and increasing your earning potential. Consider pursuing a degree or certification program in your field of interest to gain a competitive edge and enhance your skills.