This article may contain links from our partners.
Thinking about retiring in your 30s?
You are not alone. More and more millennials are seeking to take their life back into their own hands.
No more working for 50 years then retiring only to find yourself too tired or unable to do all the things you wanted to do, like backpack through Europe, hike across Vietnam, etc.
These are things you want to do when you’re young, you have energy and arguably the best time of your life to have an experience like this.
So, how can you retire in your 30s? Is it actually a thing?
It totally is a thing and this post will show you 24 effortless ways to do it!
You’ll want to have a F.I.R.E. (financial independence retire early) kind of mindset and be open to making some sacrifice to achieving the end goal, retiring in your 30s. Bookmark this post so you can come back to it later. You won’t want to forget these tips!
24 Effortless Ways to Retire In Your 30s
1. Save 50% (or more) of your income
2. Take on a second job (or side hustle)
3. Cut back on travel
4. Cook at home
5. Avoid eating out
6. Track your spending
8. Live in a minimalist kind of way
9. Embrace more no-spend weekends
10. Forget about owning a fancy house or fancy car
11. Be mindful of money
12. Cut that Starbucks habit
13. Abandon pricey subscriptions or membership (like a gym membership)
14. Lower your housing cost (by getting a roommate, moving back home, etc.)
15. Invest aggressively
16. Save aggressively
17. Check in on your goals often
18. Make money to save money
19. Try more DIY (like DIY gifts, DIY home decor, etc.)
20. Stop buying new (instead, buy used)
21. Try meal prep
22. Fix home repairs yourself
23. Stop outsourcing your life (fire the landscaping guy, the pest control buy, the pool guy, etc.)
24. Be grateful, take one day at a time
Whew! There you go.
In the end, you want to keep in mind you want to save as much as possible consistently and use some of that savings to invest. You can also consider making extra money which can help you move towards F.I.R.E even faster. Because you can really accelerate your money growth by investing.
What do you think?
Share your thoughts below!